Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Post number 1.0 The Pride & Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013

Welcome to my little blogspot.  Usually I will be blogging about my photography, but I'll save that for my next post.  Feel free to visit my website at www.brownfotobug.com.  I'm trying to connect these two, but I'm not an IT expert at all. 

One of my favorite "escapes," besides shooting my camera, is reading.  And I love to read Pride & Prejudice variations.  Jane Austen is by far my favorite author and has been since I was 16 and was forced to read Pride & Prejudice in High School.  I've never forgiven my teacher for this, as it has led to an almost obsession with Darcy and Elizabeth and all the other characters that grace the pages of Austen's work.
The Pride Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge (2013)

 So, some of the amazing authors that I like to read have a website,  www.austenprose.com. And thanks to Laurel Ann Nattress, I am going to enter in The Pride & Prejudice Reading Challenge. It will span the next year, and I'm committing myself to read and/or watch 9-12 books and movies. And then subsequently, review each of those books and movies. Of course this is the "Aficionada" level. My only struggle will be to see if I can find 9-12 books and movies I've not yet read or watched. 
I guess I should challenge the authors over at Austenprose.com to get to publishing some new stuff so I can make it through the year.  I could cheat and review books I've previously read, but I'd be at the max instantly, and where's the fun in that? 

I guess to start, I'll go with the book I'm reading currently, "The Cumberland Plateau:  A Pride and Prejudice Modern Sequel" by M. K. Baxley.  I just finished "Honor and Hope" by Regina Jeffers.  But since that was before this Challenge started, I'll save that for my own satisfaction.  (I loved it, by the way.  And wish I could hear more from those characters.....hint hint, Regina.)  I've read every single P&P adaptation from Abigail Reynolds.  If only she would write/edit/publish faster....  And I have many more favorites, but I'll have to come up with a conclusive list and try to stick to it for a whole year.  I wonder if I could get bonus points for reading more? 

Happy Reading my friends.....I'm off to Pemberley.......

No comments:

Post a Comment