Friday, January 18, 2013

1.1 Pride & Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013

As you all remember, I'm reading/watching 12 books/movies/etc as part of the Pride & Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013 on www.austenprose.com
My first book was The Cumberland Plateau, A Pride and Prejudice Modern Sequel by M.K. Baxley.  Let's just say, for 650ish pages, it felt like double.  But in a very good way.  There were multiple story lines that intermixed and intertwined and weaved and wormed their way with each other.  Again, all in a very good way.  The character build, the plot developments, the overall storyline was great.  My only concern was time jumps.  But I think that was me being greedy and wanting more details on things that just seemed missed.  Again, at 650ish pages, and what felt like 4 full story lines, it could have easily been 4 seperate 300+ paged books.
Overall, great book.  I don't want to give too much away, but with the ladies being Southern Bells and the gents being English, and all with ancestral connections definitely makes for a very interesting and wonderful mix. 
Here's to the next item on my list.....  The Pride & Prejudice Mini Series 1995.  You know, the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. 
The Cumberland Plateau: A Pride And Prejudice Modern Sequel

No comments:

Post a Comment